Saturday, February 13, 2010

Week 9

Peanut is still growing and is becoming a hard lump.  She is not sticking out most of the time, only when I have wind.  Apparently she is now the size of a green olive or about 2.5cm long.  This week according to the books she has officially graduated from an embryo to a fetus.  I would say that is a good mile stone.

This week we have moved house and then discovered that the place is infested with German Cockroaches.  The estate agent has been feeling a pregnant womans wrath this week.  When the woman who answered the phone said "what do you want me to do about it DARLING!" I could have reached down the phone and throttled her there and then.  Fortunately a slightly more sympathetic colleague phoned me back and made some sensible suggestions of how to get rid of the buggers until the pest people come round. 

Back to peanut.  I wonder if getting stroppy with the estate agent counts as having mood swings, occasionally being unreasonable and easily upset?  How can the people who write pregnancy books be so right all the time?  I TOLD YOU I DON'T HAVE CRAVINGS!  Only I did want to vomit when lamb burgers and salad were suggested but suddenly  had to have prawn crackers.  One minute I really like a particular food and the next minute I can't stand it.  Keep up YBOD!

I am still feeling quite tired and really struggle to get out of bed in the morning.  If I do get up early I can't make it through the day without a Nana nap.  I also have found that since the first month I don't ever really get hungry for a particular food.  I eat because I have to and if I don't eat really regularly I smells make me feel sick.  I have the most wicked sense of smell, I can even smell soap and rubber.  I can smell book shops! Who can smell those.  I bet there are a whole load of envious book worms out there who just wish they could smell out a book shop or a library.  Having an amazing sense of smell can also bring its own problems.  When I need to eat (as I say I don't get hungry) smells make me feel sick.  A good one today was we couldn't go to a cafe because it smelt of coffee and soap.  I had to run out of a car shop because of the smell of rubber.  It would be good if I could put my super sense of smell to good use, like a superhero, but I have yet to find a practical use for it yet other than to annoy YBOD by not being able to go to this shop, and I can't eat there it smells funny.

I can't believe that something that is only 2.5cm long can take charge of your body so readily.  It seems quite unfair really.  Since moving to Oz and walking up hills everyday and having no car, so you have to walk everywhere I have got thinner, although you wouldn't notice because at the rate I have got thinner something has expanded to fill the gap.  How rude.  At the moment I just feel I look fat rather than pregnant.  I am just waiting for someone to tell me I am fat.  As another dear friend of mine, who is also pregnant at the moment finds I have a very short fuse and am easily enraged.  Some people would claim there is no change there.  Shut up YBOD.  And no saying "My tubby wife," cheeky monkey.  I wanted to say something rude then.  Being pregnant has made me want to say the most foul words out loud.  Fortunately I am still sane enough to curb that particular craving. 

It seems amazing that I am growing this thing inside me and that I have to be responsible for feeding it all the right things to make sure it grows well.  I am scared of getting fatter, even though I know it will be baby to a certain extent.  I all of a sudden feel like I have to be a real grown up.  I keep asking YBOD if he wants the baby and he says that now he knows I am growing one he would be sad if it wasn't there anymore.  I will just have to try and grow it well.  Hopefully we may be able to go and see a doc soon to check how things are going.  I just like to have my mind put at rest.

YBOD, you are not allowed to talk to any pregnant women about how much things stretch, especially with actions.  Its not funny.  

2 comments:

The Yellow Box Of Doom said...

Yeah but have you thought how big a babies head is, and how big "that area" of your body isn't? It's going to be like pushing a water mellon out of your nostril!!

As for your sense of smell replacing your cravings I'm not so sure. I agree you have super human smell, I mean, you even knows what a book shop smells like, much less able to find it from 100m away!!

But this hasn't replaced the cravings, just joined force with them......after all, if you have no more cravings why did tonight's tea comprise of Prawn crackers, Prawn toast and prawn fried rice?

SO, no cravings for prawns there then!!

R Bailey said...

Cockroaches and a twevlve year old Patrol and TAX,,, hmm.