Monday, February 22, 2010

Sydney wide bring and buy

The copilot and I had thought that maybe Sydney had one of the highest eviction rates coupled with the harshest landlords when we started noticing an ever growing number of pikes of abandoned furniture on the streets. We have since learned that twice a year the local have a big collection of unwanted stuff where people can put our all the 'rag and bone' and it will be collected free of charge.

However it has been some time since deposition commenced and still we've seen no sign of official collection. However, over the weekend we saw a mass act of recycling and reuse that would put a small glow of pride into the heart of even the most hardened tofu knitting bunny higher. A mass bring and buy as you saw people driving past or walling by eyeing up what people had left out (usually out of the corner of their eye while prentending not to be). Then as time went on people got more and more brassen about it and you had Utes crawling around and stopping to load up on another mans treasure.



And yes, the pykie in my got the better of me and I will admit to grabbing a baby changing table.....and a tool chest.....but they were really clean and good as new!! Louise would have been proud.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

R Bailey said...

Pikie ! Pikie ! Pikie ! Pikie !
But I guess you've got to off set the TAX.

Ashtray in my car is full, better buy a new car. ;-)

I know what the Baby changing table is for but a tool chest ?

The Yellow Box Of Doom said...

Tool chest is going to be repainted to be used as a toy box for peanut......I kid you not.

As for your ashtray, I'd say it is time, and hopefully this time you can buy a proper truck rather than a family wagon ;0)