Thursday, February 25, 2010

Technosubway

A staple lunchtime deit of many an expat in the Sandpit is Subway, especially if you wanted to stand any chane of avoiding the expanding wasteline on offer from KFC, MaccyD or good old Bombay Cowpatty.

Well here in Sydney the subway is that little bit more cool and techphile with it's electronic self service touch screen ordering system


You simply press pictures of what you want (bread or wrap, filling, salad bits, sauces etc) rather than some semi comatosed zombie with broken englysh frowning his way through your order and then making exactly what he thinks you probably want least.

But there is a problem with this cool and rather funky gimick, I saw no buttons on there to allow you to specify which order you want the bits assembled in nor is there a button to engage a North Paisley accent and shout "TOORSTED!!" at it. Oh well Ashley, guess you'll have to stick to MegaMaul.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

3 comments:

R Bailey said...

Do you want fries with that ?

ohh sorry Subway, I mean :-
Extra cheese = NO
Foot long = NO
Cookie = NO
Drink = NO....just give me what I fecking asked for not what you make the most proffit on @!#@!!@!!#$$%%#

The Yellow Box Of Doom said...

At least the computer lets you say no. Rather than
"Make meal"
"No Thanks"...
"What?"
"I said no thanks".....
"What?"
"I said I don't want to make a meal"
"Ahhh you want make meal, OK".
"NO!! Not a meal"
"What?"
"Oh fcuk it, I'm going to KFC"

Grumpy Goat said...

Ever noticed whatalways happens when you buy meat, bologna, cheese, etc., and ask for (say) 250g?

"It's a little bit over; is that OK?"

Funny how it's never, ever a little bit under.

"No, I want 250g, not 285g. Cut 35 grammes off and let me have the amount I asked for! Thank you for your continuing co-operation."