Thursday, September 11, 2008

Summer Holidays Part 2 - Gozo

Wel, with Testing working I guess I can now get on with telling you all about my holidays with no excuses that I was away from t'internet.

After a very enjoyable week or so in the UK myself and the co-pilot then moved on for 9 days diving in Gozo. We did our diving with Gozo Aquasports based on Marsalforn (I think thats how you spell it) which is a lovely little bay on the north of the island.



Full credit for the shot of Marslforn goes to 'Chicken and Cheese Kat' who I stole it from because she was staying in the fancy swanky hotel on teh bay with the good views whereas we were in the much simpler and viewless appartments up the hill......although we did pay a fraction of the price ;0)

The dive center at GAS is will organized and well equipped, but you can read all about it on their web page. The main reason chose them was because I sent an email to three or four dive centers on Gozo basically saying "I want to diving in a months time and can't be bothered to do all the internet searching etc myself. Can you arrange diving, transfers and accommodation?"

The very next day Lauren at GAS emailed me back, and within a few days we had eveything sorted.......I still to this day didn't even hear back from the others.

Although there is the option to do either guided or unguided diving with GAS we chose to go for guided diving for the whole week as we were on holiday and really didn't want to have to think about anything - just roll up and dive. We therefore got to dive with three of their guides; George and Dave and Hugh as well their army of devoted trainee instructors/dive masters; 'Hover' Patt, Swiss Martine and 'I can't bloody Hover' Venessa.




But enough about the dive center etc, on with the diving!! I can't remeber exactly what order we dived each site, or for how long etc etc as I'm not a great record keeper but here are the highlights from memory:

No comments: