Saturday, February 23, 2008

Its Offically Easter

Well it must be officially nearly be easter because as I spotted (and consumed) my first creme eggs of the year during the weekly shop at "Erm Sirs a Queen" Spinnies.

There are plenty of old wives tales and saying about when things start such as swallows and summer, The end of Halloween and Christmas etc. For me the appearance of the first creme eggs heralds the start of Easter. Now when I stil lived back in blighty it was getting quite annoying that you could get a creme eggs almost all year round. However, upon moving to the snad pit it was a great novelty to find that you couldn't buy them all year round, and that I could once again get a little bit excited in a supermarket at the first site of them......and there are not that many other situations whereby I could be excited in a supermarket without getting arrested ;0q

Anyway, I spotted the chocoloty treats this week and grab two and with giddy excitement headed for the till. While packing the shopping I put the eggs to one side so I knew where they are for the car journey home and packed the rest of the shopping. With the bags packed I started to walk away when the girl on the till called me back saying "Sir, I still have your balls in my hand".

Oh boy, another thought to be excited about in a supermarket!!

1 comment:

Mme Cyn said...

Tee hee hee.

Though I can't agree with you about the Cadbury's creme eggs. They are WAAAAAYYY too sweet for me... I can't imagine anyone over the age of six being able to get one down. For me, Easter will always be the appearance of daffodils. Sadly haven't seen a real Easter since I've been in Dubai... =(