Saturday, February 16, 2008

Donut Day - Part 2

Having now gotten over the initial excitement of the fact that the donut button now works I guess its only fair to come clean and admit that as well as some wicked kick ass donuts (which were of course much better than Mr Baileys!!) we did do a few hours of dune bashing.....and during this I may have.....erm.......come a little unstuck.

But before I go into details I feel it only fair to offer in my defense that when in the desert you don;t really learn about you or your cars limitations until you really push the envelop. Therefore if you go out every time without ever getting a little stuck, well then you are not only being very boring but you are also resting in your comfort zone, failing to perform to your full potential. So to all those off roaders out there who don't get stuck, ever, you are either an out an out lair lair pants on fire or you need to get out there an push yourself and your machine!!

Anyway, back to business. And I am proud to say that, while following Mr Bailey up a set of dunes he did in fact get stuck on the dune ahead of me, but was (VERY) lucky to have been able to reverse back out. However, as a result of him blocking the way ahead I had to break on the preceding down slope. Upshot was that once Mr Bailey had moved his rollerskate out of the way I wasn't able to get enough run up to get over the dune first time. As a result I ended up beaching the FJ a little.....resulting in her getting.......well......a little stuck........and of course me then learning and pushing my performance envelop that bit further.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it!!

Here are the pictures:



And yes, Mr Bailey did have to pull me out. I guess the two inch lift kit just means 2 inchs deeper to dig when you get stuck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.