Saturday, February 9, 2008

Donuts!!

Well, with the Tiger n my tank project abandoned time to turn my attention back to my faourate toy of all....the FJ Cruiser (YBOD3)

Now, when we go out into the desert the best end to teh day is to pop a few donuts on a gravel pan, and boy is it fun.















However, since buying YBOD3 I have had to watch with envy at the Jeeps doing this because YBOD3 has allsorts of whistles and bells that make it all safe a stable and won't slip and slide. We have ATrack, VSR and traction control.

However, I have jsut been reading with interest on FJ Cruiser Owners.com that there is a way around this. Details are at:

http://www.fjcruiserforums.com/forums/4x4-off-road-tech/15923-rear-locker-modification.html

Apparently it works by allowing you to engage rear diff lock in any mode (normally only available in 4WD mode). By activating this you lock the rear diff thus allowing the back wheels to spin and has the added advantage that it automatically disables all the other whistles and bells so taking the machine back to its base model set up.....sweet

Watch this space for lots of pictures of how I am getting on and donut pictures.........or maybe pictures of a huge repair bill 'cos I've broken stuff.

Who knows

No comments: