Sunday, December 16, 2007

YELLOW BOX OF DOOM - WHY?

I guess I should start my blogg with an explanation of the Yellow Box of Doom (YBOD).

I'm a diver. And I'm a gadget freak.......

So after a few years of diving Open Circuit with the bubbles I decided to combine my two loves and "invest" in the greatest dive gadget there is - a rebreather.

The rebreather I went for was the APD Evolution and it comes in a bright yellow case. The Inspiration/Evolution rebreathers have over the years become affectionately known as the yellow box of doom, owe in some part some people claim to the early fatalities associated with the unit.

With the years of research and development APD have made the unit much better and much safer but the name has somewhat unfairly stuck. When I then made the plunge into the world of rebreathers i did a quick search on GMAIL and discovered that the name was available and snatched it up.

From this simple beginning YBOD was "born". I've since kind of taken it on as a theme in lots of other think, such as my last two car selections, email address and blogg page. So, welcome to my little Yellow Blogg of Doom.....

No comments: