Sunday, December 16, 2007

YBOD2

As those of you who know me know that I was planning to leave the sand pit and head off to the Land of Opportunity. In preparation for this big move I did a bit of searching around and decided the car for me when I got over there had to be the that icon of Australian-ness....a VW Camper!!!

I did a whole load of searching on the net and seeking advice through such excellent forums as aussieveedubbers and The Kombi Connection. Through these searches I came across this little beauty which given the old yellow box of doom connection this kombi kind of chose me rather than me it:

The Kombi was with Coast to Coast Kombies and is a 1972 low lights and given its bright yellow it seemed perfectly matched to be the second yellow box of doom.....and so became the YBOD2.

With the kombi part way through renovation Ian let me decide on the internal finish......big mistake because that means my imagination kicks into action. The theme chosen was mobile smoking lounge - Chocolate brown fake leather seats and wall panels, fake wooden floors and for those special evening.....a rock and roll sofa bed.

No comments: