Friday, March 5, 2010

Alicecrock o'jaberwokie

Just been to see the new Alice in Wonderland and thought I'd share a few thoughts:



`Twas brill, and the silly tale
 
was dyre and bimbled in the Middle:

All whimsy were the otherfails,
 
And the none as got the tale.


"Beware the Alicecrock, my son!
 
The bore t'fight, the point t'catch!

Beware the red head bird, and shun
 
The funnyless story snatch!"

We took the 3D warpin specs in hand:
 
Long time the maxim o'Burton sought
So rested we by the humdum be,
 
And sat awhile in thought.

And, as if in chocolate factory stood,
 
The JonnyDepp, with eyes of vacant fame,
And character though just as good,
 
Why must it always be the same!

One, two! One, two! And through and through
 
The first half it went snicker-snack!

He knocked 'em dead, and with whit he said
but the second half umph did lack.

"And, as I've seen the Alicecrock
 
Come to my side, look for my joy!

O it lost its way! clever long the way!'
 
I chortled in less joy.


`Twas brill, and the silly tale
 
was dyre and bimbled in the Middle:

All whimsy where the story sails,
 
but wait 'til disc on sales



I'm no literary genius but hopefully some will have reckognised that this was supposed to be in the style of the Jaberwokie.

2 comments:

meema said...

i saw it as a jabberwok style straight away and i am impressed!! i loved the poem and used it many time for expressive art in school your version would also stir up imagination but we all know you are good at that!

Mme Cyn said...

Had been looking forward to it immensely (my favorite book), and then discovered that Anne Hathaway was playing the White Queen who is, of course in 'Through the Looking Glass', and not in 'Alice in Wonderland'. So now I'm not so sure. Still, I love the whole ITm Burton visuals, so will check it out. I expect to be horribly disappointed.