Friday, April 23, 2010

Peanut is a boy!

I am now just over 19weeks and have just had the latest scan.  It was quite amazing to see that Peanut really does look like a baby now.  We were able to see a brain, bones in the arms and legs and even fingers and thumbs.  Peanut was a bit shy and kept legs together throughout most of the scan but we did spend nearly and hour and a half in the ultrasound room while the sonographer got all the pictures and measurements she needed.  Peanut wouldn't lie on his back for the lady to see his heart properly so I had to keep moving around and going for walks to get him to move.  We were also able to hear a good heart beat which was reasuring.  We can vouch for the the fact that Peanut is definately a boy.  We were able to see a third leg and a scrotum, YBOD is very proud. 

Now that we know Peanut is a boy we can go shopping, my favourite bit.  Luckily blue is my favourite colour, followed by red so a boy is good with me.  It is strange knowing Peanut  is a boy as we had got used to the idea that he was a girl and the name Peanut sounds a little funny now.  We still have to see the doc on Tuesday to get the full results of the scan and make sure Peanut really is perfect. 

What do you think we should call Peanut?

11 comments:

Mme Cyn said...

Not HOWARD! And not Thomas A. Now,the rule for naming children is to say out loud (I assume you will use the British equivalaent of) Mister Supreme Court Justice........ Beckett. OR The Right Reverend ....; Beckett. OR Wing Commmander Sir ..... Beckett. I like George, Arthur and Oliver, personally., Different, but not too weird.

R Bailey said...

I've always thought the rule was that you had to be able to shout the name from the back door !

Beckett, STOP IT
Peanut, STOP IT

etc. etc..

R Bailey said...

I've always thought the rule was that you had to be able to shout the name from the back door !

Beckett, STOP IT
Peanut, STOP IT

etc. etc..

Mme Cyn said...

I would have put a vote in for "Harry", too, but the Dodds already claimd that name for their dog, and Howard Henry Beckett is just too too stuffy, even for me. (Do you HAVE to keep Howard? I thought you were a free thinker, Steven.)

Mme Cyn said...

have you considered naming him after his mother, as in Howard Mason Beckett?

The Yellow Box Of Doom said...

Nah, not liking Mason, makes me think of Perry Mason. Not doing it for me.

As for Howard, I promised by Granddad Bill and while I might be a free thinker I am a man of my word above all else because if you don't have your word what do you have?

But Teddington.......that is really growing on me.

Grumpy Goat said...

@ R Bailey:
"Howard Herekittykittykitty Beckett"? Somehow I don't think so.

Grumpy Goat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mme Cyn said...

Fair enough. If you promised Grandad,then so be it. I will stop now.

Where did Teddington come from? I like it too, though it might be just a bit much, since he won't use Howard.

Grumpy Goat said...

Howard Oliver Teddington Beckett has an excellent ring to it. And offers plenty of choice too.

"Ladies and gentlemen, put your hands together please for Dr The Reverend Wing Commander Sir Howard Oliver Teddington Beckett."

"Ollie! Get your arse indoors now!"

"Yo, Ted! You're the Maaaan!"

The Yellow Box Of Doom said...

Mr Goat

Like your thinking but I favoring Teddington not being the last name before the surname in case is mistaken for a double barrel surname.